Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Cube Project

This is very interesting:

3 x 3 x 3 meters... no oven. There goes the aroma of fresh-baked bread. and no towel rack.... booo what are you thinking, Mike!


However, after the honeymoon period has ended and the novelty wears off, I wonder what happens to the human mind when the body is literally confined to such a small space.

Also.... can two average size people live in harmony together in this space and not be constantly bumping into each other or have to choreograph each other's movements to avoid collision. "''scuse me..." "Pardon me"..."oh dear, excuse me..." At least you'd never hear, "Honey, where are you?"

"Or two friendly people.." It's going to take something more than friendship to manage living in 10 square meters. Like, maybe .... an alibi?

Don't misunderstand..... I think this is a remarkable achievement... and a vastly superior improvement to the formaldehyde Katrina trailers, no comparison really. But they had more space in them......

I'd like to try a week in it to see how it holds up, not just how I would do in one. But a lot of thought and money has gone into this...... it is clearly intended as a long-term abode and not just for emergency or as a lark.

Maybe you need a duplex for a couple.

No comments: