Saturday, April 7, 2012

Doings Goings

I've been occupied at various endeavors lately and thus away from bloglife but I am indeed aware of its's existence and although I don't have much to say, I can report this much.

Farmlife: The crops are off to a dicey start. The corn looks so skimply and weak, it will be a miracle if we get an ear. The same is true about several squashes. I don't know what the dealio is but if something goo doesn't happen and soon, I might as well plow under the lower bed altogether!
Now in the raised beds, it's a different story. They are doing alright. Nothing to brag about but it's early days yet. The tomatoes really responded to the heavy rains we had last week. The English peas are finaly flowering and growing up the trellis. (yea) I lost all the new eggplant we seeded so I bought 6 little plants today from the Feed n Seed. All the lettuces are doing splendidly and we are eating our weight in salad. The avocado trees are hanging in and we have a few little fruits to show. The peach trees that were late to bloom have now done so except the last one. I can on;y hope it is still alive as we did lose a plum.

I have my fingers crossed that we will have peas and carrots ripe at the same time this year... that would be so cool.

Cats: Q has been licking herself hairless and it really started to show this week when I realized her back legs looks so scrawny. Well, there is no hair back there now so I took her to the vet in hopes it wasn't fleas. It wasn't and it shouldn't considering I use Advantage and Frontline. No, she has anxiety and stress and she shows it by constant grooming so now the little dear is on cat prozac.

Landscaping: It never ends. The lorepedlum had gone bonkers on the driveway so I whacked them all down to the nub. John took 6 of them away from the house which has cleared up a space for something smaller, like lilies of the nile and shasta daisies. The end result of the day's labour is my bicep is killing me right now and I don't recognize this pain.

Quilts: working on several tops all at once. Still have a backlog of quilting to do.


Happy and blessed Easter.

No comments: