Monday, February 22, 2016

End of the First Quarter

As I go through with this "giving up" attempt, I find it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

Wine is very likable, when done in small doses and I thought I was imbibing in that manner. Until I read (online... always dangerous) that a woman is 'allowed' 21 units a week. Ok, I'm down with that... 3 glasses is the most I drink anyway.

Ah ah ah.. not so fast, sister! 1 unit ≠ 6 oz. No No NO. my friend..... 1 Unit = 3OZ!  So technically, I was drinking a weeks worth of my 'allotment' in 2 days. Yikes, indeed.

And no wonder the pounds have been creeping up on me the past 5 years. Empty calories indeed.

Speaking of calories.... I have found that I am eating less as a result, as well.... cravings are in check. That's unexpected. I thought I was going to substitute the 'lack' of one thing for another, since nature abhors a vacuum, or so it's said.


Now, here's the kicker..... although I have NOT had sweets or alcohol in 12 days, the weight remains the same. Pants are looser, face is thinner. Weight remains the same.



So, I don't get it..... oh well.... 

Also, this has NOT been hard to do. Even when at a restaurant or with others how are imbibing.... it's al good. I think fasting would be more difficult to manage because, let's face it.... I do like to eat. Cook and eat.


via GIPHY

So, it's a problem at times..... but pretty soon here , it's going to time for Spring planting and working out in the vegetable gardens is more physically demanding than working on quilts.

Speaking of, here is one I just took of the frame. It's from last year's Block of the Month, Snapshots for St. Jude's Hospital.



No comments: