Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eleanor Burns Victory Quilt

I have now completed 9 blocks for the quilt and have hit the first sign of trouble. Appropriately named, Signal Lights.

I followed the instructions precisely and ended up with a 12" unfinished block. Every other block has been perfect. I will try again to see if it was in the cutting. I rather doubt this because the block is made up of lots of pieces. If I had cut anything off size, it would have revealed itself when I did the sewing.

So THIS NEXT time, when I make it, I will use a realscant quarter inch seam allowance and see if that helps to stretch it to the full 12 1/2" block.

No comments: