Friday, April 17, 2009

Gonna Get Me Some Chikkens!

I've had a quiet silly dream for some time now. So quiet, I didn't breathe much of a word of it. At least, not very often. It would come out whenever I read a book or magazine about the subject. Or watched a film that reminded me of it. Otherwise, I kept it much to myself.

Back to my brother -in-law: It's his fault. Him and his wife. She's the best sister-in-law I could ever ask for and there isn't anything she and T can't do and to top it all off, they live the life I dreamed. But worse, worse(!) they make it look easy.

They live on acreage and have spent the better part of three years building a home and lifestyle to die for, energy-efficient and lovely. They raise pygmy goats (how cute are they!?) and chickens and, oh yes, he's a bee-keeper! Where does it end?

Now a garden is being developed and they are growing artichokes (!) and asparagus and all the usual suspects. Oh yes and of course, fruiting trees and herbs and other marvelous things.

No, my dream isn't to "off them" and move in. It's to copy them!

We have a found a home and 2 acres and will close on it at the end of May.

I'm gittin' me some chikkens!





Good bye, Citylife! You'll find me on the back 2, scattering chicken feed and watering the veggies.




If I don't answer the phone, leave a message.

No comments: