Saturday, May 2, 2009

Really

OK, for the doubters out there, this is a female cucumber flower. Notice the miniature cucumber between the stem and the flower:















Unless insects help nature along or I interfer with the whole procedure, I'm not gonna be gittin' any of these:


I have now helped pollinate @ 6 cucumbers.









In addition, I'd like to help along the zucchini population in the garden as well but am hitting the wall of trouble I had last year with the cucs, namely, too much of one and not enough of the other
Here is a cluster of zucchini flowers, all male and I have around 11 plants.


















Lots of these. Males
















So far, only one female. I have read how people grow zucchini so well that they have to lock the door and hide from neighbors trying to offload THEIR overproduction of the squash. If this is any indication of things to come, I have to doubt if this will be our fate.

No comments: