Monday, March 21, 2011

So, How Did Your Day Begin?

Yea me..... it's 4:30am and I am drinking sludge coffee.

I woke up early, as usual, and fixed a pot to brew. I use a coffee maker with a swing door, where the grinds are held in a reusable mesh strainer. (I save all the used grounds for the compost). The swing door must be firmly closed, AND I KNOW THIS, but for some unfathomable reason, I swung it closed rather carelessly and upon my return to the kitchen some 10 minutes later, I hear the tell-tale burbling of an overflowing coffee maker.

Sure enough, I dash over and instinctively slam it shut, thereby insuring that all the topped up liquid sloshed out onto the counter and into the pot below. AND I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

Sludge coffee and a clean counter later, I find it mildly ironic that just yesterday I posted that lengthy piece about coffee bean production.


No comments: