Thursday, June 18, 2009

Going nuts in little pieces

It doesn't seem that long ago I blogged a post about the state of the sewing room. Well, you should see it NOW.

We moved last week to that little slice of Heaven in Folsom, LA and the last room to get settled and set up WILL be the sewing room.

I took 2 weeks off from working at the Shop do the actual "moving" part of moving and now that I'm back in the swing of things at Bright Hopes, I am reminded of the joy of sewing new quilts and quilting old friends that have been hanging around in the closet. All that stuff is there, waiting for me to get my act in gear and all but first things first.

The priority is clearly the garden and veg. That cannot wait and must be attended to daily. After that, the boxes of things and paintings that are leaning against walls, just begging a cat to scrape behind and send sliding. How is that I have so much stuff? IT CAN"T BE ALL MINE!!!! I am not a slave to possessions, surely!!

There are boxes of the girls' things and Christmas. If any of that goes up to the attic, it'll NEVER come down again, I just know this to be true. So I have to cull.

Any tips?

No comments: