Thursday, January 19, 2012

How Much Money Have You Saved Lately?

I figure I have saved around $12,000.00 over the years, including shipping and handling.

If you know me, you know I have an issue with sleep, or the lack thereof.

I pass out on the sofa with every good intention of watching whatever John has on and wake up only long enough to stagger to the bed, where once again, I pass out.

Still, this means I wake up long before dawn. And sometimes this can be around 2am. If that happens, like a cat I wander around in search of a warm spot and into the guestroom where there is a tv and chanelsurf until, hopefully, sleep overcomes me and I get another hour or two.

But this can take hours to attain and in the meanwhile, I get to see some amazing products offered in the most appealing way.

How is it that if I had my credit card in there at that moment, some product would be winging its way to the house but in the cruel light of morning, I can't even remember what it was? So, I went over to the As Seen On TV website, in order to refresh my memory of what I thought I needed a few nights ago.


Oh yeah, The EZ Mover, the furniture moving device


Now that's pretty slick, I don't mind admitting. Just that lever gizmo is worth having. It's not that I'm going to order it now, but at 3:27 am, I was thinking, "I could use that!"

And this, The Forearm Forklift


but I doubt I'll find anyone who'll help me test it out. See, it takes two.

Here, the SlideOut Tower Storage.

But I don't have space between the washer and dryer for it to slide in, much less slide out.

I think I want this Inversion Table. It's supposed to help with back issues

But I'm not going to order something that expensive without giving it a try first. I mean the blood could rush to my head and I pass out all alone. All alone... and hanging there. No, that will never do!

I could go on and on, and I won't.... I just thnk to myself snugly that I save so much money by having no memory. It's wonderful and so is this:

Remember Vince, the Sham-Wow guy? The SlapChop dude? "You're gonna slap your troubles away with the Slap Chop!" Nevermind troubles; He went away* for some time (bet he wished he had his SlapChop) but he's back! Now with the "Schticky"



Nah, I'm not going to buy it either. And in case you didn't get that reference about the mugshot, it's because of his arrest a few years ago. If you want to learn of the details, I'll let you go in search.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This post made me laugh and laugh in a very quiet study room!

Cats and Quilts said...

heehee hee.... I MEANT to do that~ as long as you don't snort coffee out your nose!