Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Mail This Out Today.....

Chevrolet 
 January 22,2011

P.O. Box 33170 


Detroit, MI 48232-5170

To the CEO of GM and anyone who might actually give a damn,

While perusing the internet this past week, bothering no one and minding my own business, I find with far too great a frequency that Chevy advertisements pop up and obliterate the entire screen I am attempting to read. I do not exaggerate when I say “the entire screen” and there appears to be no x to merely flick the ad back out into the ether.

Not only is this annoying, it is invasive. This in-your-face method of inserting your product into my life has made me completely in opposition to your automobiles. Watching television was bad enough with endless blaring commercials set a volume to blast the viewer out of the room. Now you intrude my moments of solitude on-line.

As a result of this ad campaign, as a one-man boycott I will never purchase a GM product again. So well done and please tell the genius behind the obtrusive adverts I send raspberries and pop-ups in his general direction. I hope he/she sees them in his/her dreams. You might also mention the concepts of “less is more” and “flies with honey”.

Please don’t bother to contact yours sincerely,


PS, Thanks as well for forcing me to send this via the US Post. Interesting how it’s ok for you to use the cool-kid IT to get to us but don’t allow the peons to use it to reach you in response.

No comments: