Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Linda Kay and I are going to give a short talk on quilting in America for members of the DAR and during her research, she found that :

1. This is the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War and
2. Fabric manufacturers are promoting fabric lines and
3. Designers are cranking out commemorative patterns.

Which leads me to this:
Barbara Brackman has a blog that will post a new pattern each week for a Civil War Quilt and I have made the first block to show at the talk.


Back in November LK and I went across the lake to visit the 2 shops there. THe Quilted Owl has a terrific selection of "period" reproduction fabrics. It is here that I picked out a selection "Civil War" fabrics for future use.

I didn't realize the future would show up so quickly.

No comments: