Sunday, January 17, 2010

More For The Quilts

Still sewing on the BOM series for Sharp Needles (which means I haven't touched the Victory Quilt for quite some time now) and I have been playing with that 16 patch arrangement.



These for the "oriental" motif and I really like the pinwheel effect



Seeing these together tells me they will finally placed far apart in the final quilt; they are too similar in design to be neighbors.

Okay, quick playback. This series started last fall with a quilt design made up by Leslie (who's moving soon to the East. Boo) and MY personal goal was to use NO NEW MATERIAL, only scraps from my stash. But as I could not decide whether to make a Christmas theme or a "brights", I said to myself, "Self, why not make two?" So I did but in searching through the stash(es), I found I had other packets (ok ok, I knew I had other packets. Somewhere) and said, "Self, use it up! What are we saving this for if not for this very thing?"

So I have 6 quilts working at the same time and making slight variations on a block if I believe improvement can be made. The ones I have been displaying recently are blocks 3 and 4. 9 to go for each and the center one, No 13, is huge. It's a Rosette and I am going to request that we not wait til the last month as I know I will need larger bits of fabric to complete it alone.

Linda Kay, If ever you read this, heads up!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

are you finding that the ball is helping your back? those veggies are beautiful!

Cats and Quilts said...

well yes... the ball is actually a flat pillow and I do like it. My neck is really hurting today for some reason. I wonder if all this time spent on the computer is why.
Yes the veg are really something. We made borscht last night with it all.