Friday, January 29, 2010

V is for Victory

Yea me!!!! I finished piecing the last blocks of 18.

Liberty Star, Airplane
Brave World, Victory Block (my least fav..)

However, this does not mean I finished a quilt. I've only BEGUN.

Now, back up the truck..... you might recall I made one block too small and had to redo it. That would be this:


The one on the right is the new one and you can easily see it is larger. Considerably. If you ever decide to make this quilt, remember to sew a scant 1'4", especially on this block. Tricky because there are ALOT of bias edges. I didn't have enough of the dark blue fabric to repeat the first one and the shop had sold out of the bolt...... note to self: buy slightly MORE than you need. You might NEED it!

Here is a shot of all 18:

They will be "on point" eventually but you get the general idea of the blocks themselves.

As I wrote, I have only begun. The Hard Part: Applique

I hates it. I do I do I do..... root canals are preferable but I love the way it looks. So I am getting busy and here is the first of the last of the (blurry) blocks. Avec Applique


If you wish to read more about this, go here and scroll to the bottom of the post.

No comments: