Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

For all of you who can think farther than the current moment in time, this post is for you:

I just came in from letting the chickens out of the coop for the day. The very FIRST thing 2 of them did was head over to the new bed I planted yesterday.

As though they had spent the night dreaming of breakfast. And they knew where the closest Denny's was located.


What I basically did yesterday was hand them a salad bar. They are devouring the leaves and all the little buds on the azalea bushes. Great. (Terry, stop laughing)

So much for making a "cute" chicken home. (really. stop ) They don't care how cute their place is, they want to know what's for dinner!

And I am so tired today! I have to go out there and dig it up. Or I can wait and see if they tire of it and move on to something else......

Which makes me now wonder how clever we were to plant all those blueberry bushes. And here I was, all concerned about the birds and how to keep them off the bush! Somehow, I forgot to consider the chickens! Wait til they see the berries start to grow.

No comments: